Wednesday, April 23, 2014

T is For Theater

I'm participating in the A to Z Challenge.  Every day this month, except Sundays, I'm working my way through the alphabet.  Today's letter is ...
For Theater

I love Broadway musicals.  I would love to live in a world where we broke into song at random moments and danced down the street rather than plodding along.  I would love to have the external cues to help me figure out the plot twists in my own life.  If real life only had music,  I would recognize the sound of the villain creeping up on me.  Now that I am retired there are fewer villains in my life, and many more reasons to dance.

Today I bought pre-sale tickets for The Book of Mormon in Portland in July.   When asked if he wanted to go with me, the spouse replied, "Why would I want to do that?"  The granddaughters are a little too young to enjoy this one, so I will leave them in the capable hands of the spouse.   My college roommate, and matron of honor at my wedding, is going with me. I better get to i-tunes and buy the Broadway cast recording so I can sing in the car all the way to Portland! 

This is going to be soooo much fun!

4 comments:

  1. The Book of Mormon is coming to my area this summer and I also hope to go. I will probably get the same reaction from my husband as you did. Their loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, what fun! And I would any day rather take my best friend than my uninterested hubby! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I once went to see Les Mis, and the first singing character lived two doors down from me in college. It was very exciting and a surprise.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails